Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 15, 2014:  Yesterday, for Valentines day, I was off from school, (which is always good) and I got to do two important things. First, I went to Crosses for Losses and met Amanda who is the director, and some other nice volunteers who were working there. I got to unload some food for their food pantry. Then Amanda told me about Crosses for Losses and the people they are helping. The stories are sad; many people didn't have insurance and are living in tents and campers. FEMA said the area did not qualify for assistance even though 480+ homes were lost in the fire. If you live in Colorado Springs, you should visit or call Amanda. They need help and no one knows how bad things are in Black Forest.  
Afterwards, I made my trade for the TV with my teacher. This is one if the biggest and best trades that I have made so far. THANK YOU  Mr. McCann for making me part of your birthday "year of giving back!" Here is something that I learned yesterday: I learned that this project is not all about getting the car, it's about getting to meet people and helping people who are in need and going through a difficult time. It's already starting to happen. I started trading and decided to add a second trade line to help Crosses for Losses. Many people have been helping me out, including Mr. McCann, and now he is starting his own trade project for charity. See more about Crosses for Losses: http://www.crossesforlosses.org/





No comments:

Post a Comment