Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 29th, 2014:  During this project, a lot has happened, I’ve met a lot of new people and I’ve learned a lot about those people. On Monday, I sold the snowmobiles and trailer for $2000 and wanted to give half of it to Crosses for Losses. Then, it didn’t feel right, like I should help Crosses for Losses more...I was hesitant at first, but I prayed about it and decided to let God handle it. It was really hard to give up the idea of getting the car, but I think it will happen eventually. So, I felt that I should try to get something for them that was on their wish list. A while back, they told me that they wanted a box truck or an old ambulance to help with disaster relief. We found a great box truck on Craigslist which happened to be in Amarillo. The owner even took $400.00 off the price. We talked to Amanda at Crosses for Losses and she told me that they had also found a nice ambulance in Walsenburg. They decided that they would rather have the ambulance, so we contacted the seller. His name was Nate and we told him the story from beginning to end, he liked what he heard and lowered the price. We made the trip to his house in Walsenburg today and bought the Ambulance with the $2000 plus some other money that was donated for the cause. We test drove the ambulance; it’s really nice and all of the sirens and lights are cool too. We chatted awhile and then sealed the deal. Nate and his wife Kari are some of the nicest people that I have met on this journey. They even gave me an air compressor to start a new trade line to get the car.
   






No comments:

Post a Comment